You don't have to travel far
to feed the hungry or take in the stranger. There are lots of ways to make a difference in your own community.
what you like to do, and what volunteer opportunities you’ve enjoyed in the past and prayerfully ponder how you can make a difference. Then:
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- What causes would I enjoy being involved with?
- What needs are there in my community?
- Are there any existing organizations that meet those needs?
- How do these organizations help people?
- Do they facilitate self-reliance among recipients?
- Do they provide long-term solutions?
- Is the organization sustainable?
- What volunteer opportunities are available?
Good Places to Start
- Government agencies
- Places of worship
- Interfaith groups
- Low-income health clinics
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Community centers
- Refugee or resettlement agencies
Share Your Experience
Follow us on Facebook
- Tell friends and family what you learned.
- Document your experience by taking pictures.
- Write about your experience in your journal or blog.
- Post on social media and tag #JustServe.
- Consider becoming an advocate for those around you by sharing helpful media.