The best service you can render is that which meets the needs of the people in your local community.
Scout Troop Learns that Helping Refugees is as Easy as Riding a Bike
Refugee Baby Shower: Giving One Family a New Start
South Carolina Flooding 2015 - "I knew we were probably losing everything"
Smiling Faces in Sierra Leone
What you can do
- Support worthwhile community activities that help the poor meet basic needs and learn skills.
- Help new members of your community learn English (or the local language if outside the United States).
- Assist with literacy programs.
- Volunteer at a local homeless shelter, refugee organization, low-income health clinic, or school.
- Support after-school activities for youth.
- Support local food drives run by food banks and pantries.